Blog to Another Baby

Same song, second verse. My second pregnancy resulted in a boy. I still need somewhere to write, and this blog is for thoughts, feelings, and observations regarding DS2.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Toddler Bed

Saturday, DS2 got a new bed! DH and I had each caught him climbing out (with leg & hip completely over), so we asked my brother to come get it. Saturday morning took the boys to my sister's house to play, and we went shopping for a bed & mattress. During the boys' afternoon nap, we assembled the bed. In the evening my brother came and disassembled the crib. We moved the toddler bed (aka 'big boy bed') to the room. Now there are 2 identical beds. DS2's bed is in the same location where his crib was. He still isn't used to going to sleep in his bed, but he can do it.

Saturday night we also tried to wean again. We nursed before bath, so the going-to-bed time wasn't too bad. It did take a LONG time for him to go to sleep in his new bed, becaue I didn't want to hold & rock him like usual, because I thought that would make him want to nurse even more. He woke around 2am. That was really tough. DH tried to comfort & rock him at first, but he cried & called for Mommy. By the time DH called for me, he was practically crying, too. I took DS2 out to the living room and held & rocked/bounced him while standing. He finally stopped crying, then eventually fell asleep in my arms. The 6:00 am wake up would be even harder. DH & I discussed it, and decided that now wasn't the right time, so I let DS2 nurse Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home